Title: Vehicle Technician
Location: Walsall, West Midlands GB, WS2 8LD
Compensation: £20,303.71 to £26,010.82 + 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays + flexible working + 2pm finish on Fridays
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43770
It starts with you
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As a Vehicle Technician with Babcock Vehicle Engineering (BVE), you'll have an opportunity to help service vehicles for clients including the emergency services - supporting the nation's heroes. You'll also be part of an international aerospace, defence and security company with a leading naval business that's continually innovating. Our aspirations are big - and you'll make them possible.
Babcock Vehicle Engineering is a market-leading manufacturer and converter of armoured vehicles and products. Drawing on over 100 years' experience, we supply and support deployed vehicles worldwide to customers including the police, fire and ambulance services, civil service, and military. Together, we deliver an end-to-end through-life methodology to supply our clients with specialist vehicle conversions.
Join us as a Vehicle Technician and you'll be part of a highly skilled team supporting a range of customers within emergency services. By Servicing, Maintaining and Repairing (SMR) customer vehicles safely and efficiently, you'll help deliver our Babcock Purpose to create a safe and secure world, together.
Your day-to-day role will include diagnostics, inspection duties and examination tasks. You'll help us meet our production needs, drawing on your training and working in line with our guiding principles.
* NVQ level 2 (or proven automotive experience)
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate level of Security Clearance
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
* Open to flexible working and alternative work patterns; including (2pm finish every Friday)
* Opportunities for enhanced overtime
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 4.5% with life assurance
* Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay (up to 8 weeks' full pay and 8 weeks' half pay)
* Training and development opportunities
* Wellbeing centre supporting physical, mental and financial well-being
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
Our partnerships in defence and emergency services protect communities and save lives. We lead with safety in all that we do and ensure that everyone goes "home safe every day". The work we do is critical and keeps the lights on in the face of destabilising influences. With so much at stake, it's vital we work as one.
Our shared Principles - be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind - guide the way we work. They also inform our drive to secure the planet's future by reaching net-zero carbon.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive.
Closing date: 23rd May 2022