Our international client who has a production plant in Exeter is looking to recruit a Shift Engineer.
You will report directly to the Engineering Team Manager and your role is to ensure maximum uptime and efficient use of the production plant, ensuring that compliance with all Mechanical, Electrical and Environmental Statutory requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the plant is well maintained to ensure maximum uptime, by carrying out PPM as well as reacting to breakdowns.
- Ensure the plant is back on line as soon as possible.
- Work with the ETM to plan long term repairs to plant that has had short term fix to cover production demands.
- Carry out daily, weekly maintenance/tasks on the Boiler.
- Comply with Electricity at Work Regulations, to ensure electrical maintenance is carried out safely.
- Check and maintain pressure systems including Steam, Condensate and Air.
- Ensure the plant is safely isolated for colleagues and contractors can work and clean the plant safely.
- Assist contractors as and when required.
- Issue Permits to Work and Isolation Certificates and ensure the correct procedures are followed.
- Ensure that all spares used or are required is communicated to the ETM to ensure they are replaced or available for future repairs.
- Record works carried out on the plant are recorded in the daily maintenance log and on the Assets Master system (DSL).
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout the plant and site by repairing leaks and ensuring work areas are left clean and tidy.
- Follow a "quality first" attitude to "get it right first time" and ensure long term solutions are actioned to prevent further failures to the plant.
- Observe the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and all other relevant legislation, including the site safety policy.
- Follow Risk Assessments, Safe Working Practices, Permit to Work system and Isolation Procedures.
- Ensure that tools & lifting equipment are used and maintained correctly as required by LOLER.
- Observe the requirements of BS ISO 14001 & BS EN ISO 50001.
- Be actively involved in reducing environmental impact of any spillage using spill kits and drain bunds - to prevent polluted spillages entering the surface water system.
- Help maintain site security Assist the Production team as required Perform other duties as required and be expected to have a hands on attitude, working on daily projects and repairs.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanically qualified
- Electrically qualified
- Boiler maintenance
- Team Player
- Good attitude
- Strong communicator
- Excellent Health & Safety awareness
- Good COSSH awareness
SALARY, BENEFITS & HOURS
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- B&Q trade card offering 10% discount
- Learning and Development
- 4 on 4 off (4 different shift patterns - early, mid and late)
Interested in this permanent role based in Exeter? Please email your CV or contact me on 07483 340870.