Job Title: BI Business Analyst
Location: Remote working with travel to Lakeside, Portsmouth once per month and any other site travel as required for meetings
Compensation: Attractive salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a BI Business Analyst to join our Babcock Information Services business based here at Lakeside, Portsmouth. You'll be focused on using the latest technology (SAP, BI/BW, focusing on the Microsoft BI Stack) as well as shifting our focus from simply serving data to instead being an analytical partner for the services we support.
Who we are looking for?
As a BI Business Analyst you will work to develop a strong performance culture with robust, accurate and rapid access to data at the fingertips of end users across multiple areas of work. Therefore, we are looking for a tenacious individual in achieving and maintaining high quality data, who is comfortable in proposing and developing solutions to tricky problems. You'll come from a background in a similar role, have bags of energy and passion, as well as a keen eye for driving enhanced efficiency and customer service.
What will you be doing?
The role of a BI Business Analyst will be a flexible working role with some travel requirements to our Lakeside, Portsmouth office once per month.
Your duties will include:
* Work with IT and business stakeholders to identify and define the business problem and business case be able to express the context of the change within the business strategy and BI Roadmap
* Elicit, analyse, validate, consolidate and prioritise the high-level business requirements across a broad range of functional areas using appropriate requirements definition techniques (Including both traditional Waterfall and increasingly Agile based techniques).
* Communicate the requirements using appropriate documentation and modelling techniques, ideally aligned with an Agile methodology.
* Collect and validate the non-functional requirements, including performance, implementation design, usability, security & audit, and appropriate legislative requirements
* Coordinate the definition, evaluation and agreement of the business solution options in collaboration with the other members of the Information and Insight team.
* Lead the refinement of the requirements and business solution definition, including acceptance criteria working closely with the key stakeholders
The experience you'll bring
* Information systems related Degree or proven plus BA experience in a large organisation
* Strong commercial BI analysis experience in a fast-paced environment
* Experience of Agile Business Analysis and working as part of Agile based DW/BI delivery projects
* ISEB/BCS Business Analysis Certification is desirable
* Broad knowledge of business functional areas particularly Procurement & Supply Chain, Finance, O&D but also Projects, CRM, MRO & ETO
* Must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.