Role: Electrical Engineer
Term: Minimum 6 MONTH CONTRACT
Employment type: Remote
A innovative company which has the world's largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; has a vacancy for a highly skilled individual to join their team and assist collaboratively to create purposeful solutions within their pumps and motor control division.
- Demonstrate ability to provide sound technical advice to the projects group on all E&I Design issues
- Interpret and comply with project specifications
- Identification, scope and procurement of E&I project compliant materials in accordance with project bid allowances.
- Design, Placement and layout of E&I Equipment against package installation.
- Design and scope of package MCC switchgear panels, PLC panels, LCPs and associated relay logic.
- To communicate directly with clients, suppliers, and internal departments about all technical aspects of package design.
- Assist in the development of Technical Files for EU Directives and engage in Risk Assessments of package designs against EU Directives, HAZID or HAZOP criteria.
Desirable to BSc / BEng standard in Control, Electrical Engineering.
Minimum standard of HNC or equivalent, in Mechatronics or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Comprehensive understanding of offshore E&I installations in accordance with BS/IEC 61892-1 to BS/IEC 61892-7.
- Experience and understanding of hazardous area ATEX/IECEX/INMETRO Ex protection concepts; Exe, Exd and Exi, including, but not limited to equipment types: Junction Boxes, Instruments, Cable Glands, Isolating Equipment, Electric Motors and Control Panels.
- Awareness and understanding of applicable Oil and Gas industry legislations:
- Machinery Directive, LV Directive, ATEX Directive and EMC Directive.