Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Leicester, GB, LE3 1UF
Compensation: £25000-35000 + excellent benefits
Role Type: Full Time Permanent
Job ID: SF42885
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
This role will be working within our Clean Energy business specifically our Operating Plant Services business unit which plays a leading role in nuclear generation including a major contribution to the transformation of EDF's reactor technology to meet the changing demands of nuclear power. Cavendish is a trusted partner to EDF for the safe operation, late life management, life extension and ultimately the defueling and decommissioning of their sites.
What will you be doing?
We have a new opportunity for a mechanical technician to join us at our Leicester site working on various projects. This is a Roving role, which will require travel to the various power stations. We are looking for proactive, dedicated and enthusiastic technicians to join our team. Individuals are required to be conscientious, have an eye for detail and ability to spot and report issues, which may become future problems. Safety, quality and reliability are key elements in everything we do due to the nature of the equipment.
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers:
* Generous holiday entitlement and occupational sickness cover
* Agile working conditions
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Job satisfaction working together for a sustainable environment for future generations
* A tailored personal development and training programme as well as professional membership Subscriptions
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
The experience you'll bring:
* Previous experience working in the Nuclear or Defence Sector or within an alternative highly regulated Environment for example: Oil and Gas, Rail, Pharma Etc.
* Previous experience in working in a similar role
* Qualified to Degree/HNC/ONC level or a comparable engineering qualification. Relevant engineering experience.
* Add in relevant security clearance required.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 24th May 2022