An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Employee Relations Specialist to join our client a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at any of their Southern based Offices in Leatherhead, Kingston Upon Thames or London for 2 days per week and offering 3 days per week home working. This is a full-time temporary role for 9-12 months, working 36.25 hours per week. This role is paying up to £45,000 per annum, pro-rata depending on experience aligned with the role.
The role of Employee Relations specialist covers all the above and more. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a solid background in HR and employee relations to get exposure to all parts of our business in the UK and make a real difference to how we work, now and into the future. The role offers the experience to get involved in challenging work that has real impact on the business.
This is an excellent opportunity to come and work within our team and share knowledge and experience whilst supporting and guiding the wider HR community. The key aims of the Employment Excellence team are to work jointly with the HR teams to shape the employment environment on policy and practice, build and enhance the capability of our HR community in ER practice, support change in a way that minimises risk and maximises human care and manage employment risk across the geography.
We are looking for a candidate that has:
- Experience of managing both employee relations and industrial relations
- Experience of end-to-end employee relations case management including very sensitive and highly complex cases
- Deep and up-to date knowledge and a passion for understanding employment law and its practical application
- The ability to provide daily / operational guidance and advice to People Experience Leads (HR advisors) and HR Business Partners on all employee relations cases
- Demonstrable experience of supporting teams with letters, reports, cases analysis and investigation planning
- The ability to identify and manage legal, financial, and reputational risk
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to interface with a variety of stakeholders, at multiple work levels across the business
- Provide strong, and carefully thought-out support to HR professionals across the business on case management, focussing in each case on risks and potential outcomes to ensure all perspectives and avenues are fully considered.
- Drive the learning and development agenda to ensure PELs have access to learning and growth opportunities in Employee relations knowledge and practice. Demonstrate that in turn, this growth is achieving a positive impact.
- Leading on our continuous improvement agenda in partnership with the Employee experiences team
- Ensuring effective decision-making governance is in place to protect the business from risk
- Support key and critical Employment Excellence projects in partnership with other EE specialists
- Strong communication / teamwork skills / Agility and result orientation
- Critical thinking and the ability to focus on all possibilities and plan accordingly
- Multi focusing and time management / Being mobile to different sites in the UK if needed
- An employment law qualification such as an LLM/LLP would be preferable· Location: Flexible in UK, (*note biweekly travel for team meetings in the South East and regular attendance at the office for face-to-face meetings)