Systems Analyst Team Leader
Location: United Kingdom - Hybrid working with some travel to Portsmouth office
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time/Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for an Systems Analyst Team Leader to join our Babcock Corporate Services Business based in Portsmouth. In this hybrid working role you will lead a team of Analysts responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting engineering software applications in accordance with the solution roadmaps, in-line with business and IT strategy. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and develop a future career with Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Systems Analyst Team Leader to lead, inspire and motivate the team to ensure agreed service levels are met and all relevant procedures are adhered to. Therefore, strong leadership and development skills, as well as a tenacious individual in achieving and maintaining high quality data, are all key attributes to securing this role.
What will you be doing?
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Provides technical management of an IT operation.
- Schedules and supervises all maintenance and installation work.
- Provides appropriate status and other reports to specialists, users and managers.
- Ensures that operational procedures and working practices are fit for purpose and current.
- Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services.
- Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s).
- Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Analyses patterns and trends.
The experience you'll bring
You will need an IT or Engineering related Degree or equivalent qualification, as well as significant experience in managing and maintaining complex IT solutions.
You will need to hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance.
You will need in depth knowledge of one or more of the following application types:
* Computer Aided Design
* Product Lifecycle and/or Data Management
* Computer Aided Manufacturing, including Computer and/or Direct Numerical Control
* Design Analysis
* Integrated Logistic Support and Technical Publications
* Manufacturing management systems
* Laboratory Management systems
* Project Controls, planning and reporting
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 25th May 202