On Track Machinery (OTM) Plant Asset Manager
Remote based - but with regular travel to Hamilton, G72 0LH
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43078
About the role:
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as an On Track Machinery (OTM) Plant Asset Manager. You will responsible for the project management of our fleet of OTM Plant and to provide technical expertise on the development, maintenance, performance and outputs.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is a great team player with strong planning and communication skills. You will need to be committed to excellent service delivery, with experience in negotiation and dispute resolution.
We need someone who has a flexible approach to work, occasional night and weekend site visits will be a part of your job role and you will also be required to visit our Supplier in London.
What will you be doing?
As an On Track Machinery (OTM) Plant Asset Manager you will
* Prepare concepts, costed proposals and specifications for new OTM, OTP, machinery, equipment and modifications to existing plant.
* In liaison with Babcock Project teams (including any Joint Venture Partners), Network Rail, and any Regulatory Body, develop and implement a maintenance plan for all new equipment to ensure compliance with relevant standards, Babcock Railway Safety Certificate and current legislation.
* Project Manage the introduction of new machines and equipment from development stage working closely with manufacturer and Client. Actively manage the implementation and testing strategy. Operationally manage the initial deployment of the equipment.
* Ensure maintenance plans for the introduction of new machines and Support Plant under the control of Babcock and any JV partners are adhered to in accordance with VAB requirements.
The experience you'll bring
* Knowledge of operation and maintenance lifecycle of Rail or Heavy plant and associated safety matters is essential
* You will have a background in a technical discipline, ideally Mechanical or Heavy Plant engineering
* Full UK Driving License
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Please visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.