Job Title: IWE Central Programme Team Support
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £32,660 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time, Permanent
Job ID: SF 43003
In Water Engineering (IWE) provides the tools, techniques, and procedures to enable access to external areas of the submarine that are not normally accessible whilst afloat in order to undertake surveys and conduct defect repair. The overall objective of IWE is to reduce the reliance on dry docking capacity and provide greater flexibility to the enterprise to maintain submarine programmes in the future.
Who we are looking for?
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in establishing and driving forward a key waterfront capability that has much senior focus. It also offers a relatively rare opportunity to gain experience in managing a complex programme and in getting to grips with innovation, capability development and capability delivery challenges working to an experienced programme director.
What will you be doing?
The IWE CPT Programme Support role responsibilities include:
* To support the development and maintenance of IWE programme artefacts
* To initiate and co-ordinate the production of the Programme Report, Annual Programme Report and Babcock Executive Group Report
* To assist and support SMEs develop innovation and capability development/delivery roadmaps
* To administer contract inputs through PEDS and the Project Web App (PWA) tool
* To develop and maintain an 'IWE Programme Library' (a sharesite and index of extant and historic IWE reports, references and other relevant documents)
* To organise and be the secretary to IWE meetings as required
* To support the development of the IWE programme strategy
The experience you'll bring
* Working knowledge of Project competencies and comprehensive knowledge of core competencies in situations of limited complexity.
* Experience in delivering key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery
* Good interpersonal skills, comfortable working in teams and confident in dealing with clients/users
* Self-motivated, able to plan and schedule own work within a limited time horizon
* APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
If you have a thirst to learn and contribute to this important Babcock programme, please apply.
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 20/05/2022