My client based in Leicester, Glen Parva is currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator/Buyer within the Engineering industry to join their team on a permanent basis
8am - 5pm Mon- Thursday (30 mins lunchbreak)
8am - 1pm Friday (No lunch)
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience
The key objective of the role is primarily estimating but in addition to this the successful candidate will also assist the lead buyer. A background within the Metal Fabrication/Laser Cutting/Sheet Metal sector along with the ability to read and understand engineering drawings is essential.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates from engineering drawings to new and existing customers.
- Handle any new sales enquiries via email and telephone.
- Provide an excellent level of customer service to existing and new customers.
- Liaise between our customers and the shop floor manufacturing department.
- Working closely with Directors, providing feedback on KPI's and internal targets.
- Dealing with any problems that arise from quotations submitted.
- Purchase various Steel materials
- Maintain and update a Bid Register.
- Capability to create and utilize Job Cards and follow them through to completion.
- Knowledge and capability to use Redthorn or similar MRP Systems.
- Knowledge & experience of "Solid Works" and/or AutoCad would be an asset.
- Familiarity with Quality Management systems and processes.
- Capability to work within critical deadlines.
- Previous experience as an estimator/buyer working for a Metal Fabrication company.
- An understanding of Sheet metal/laser cutting/metal fabrication processes.
- Comfortable and confident with reading engineering drawings.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills such as Excel.
- Flexible character with a "yes we can" positive mentality.
- Capability and willingness to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Great opportunity for personal development - internal progression.
- Free parking.
- Paycare Level 1 health support
IF THIS IS OF INTEREST PLEASE CALL RUBIE ON 07484 029332 OR APPLY ONLINE NOW!