Job Title: MT Training Instructor
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex, GB, HA4 6NG
Compensation: £25,000 + Roster allowance £4,500 pa paid in monthly incruments
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF35906
Come and join an established exciting transport team and make a difference to the contract output we are delivering. We are looking for someone to come in with new ideas to always strive to improve contract delivery. The Mechanical Transport Department supplies transportation solutions to Royal Air Force (RAF) Northolt on a daily 24/7/365 days a year basis. The hours are flexible, with very occasional Saturday work - full time (37.5 hours per week).
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to portray the professional image of the Babcock Mechanical Transport (MT) Department based at RAF Northolt. The main purpose of your role is to carry out driving duties within the scope of current Road Traffic Legislation, Road Transport Law and Service Publications.
What will you be doing?
* Driver familiarisation training on all vehicle types held.
* Delivery of Land Rover training iaw GS Module 1 training package (DGSDCI)
* Annual MT Driver capability driver checks, on Large Passenger Carrying Vehicles and Large Goods Vehicles
* Effective delivery of Airfield Medical Ambulance and Aero Medical Ambulance platforms training
* Station Health Environmental Function representative, attending meetings every 6 months
* Management and control the correct compilation of Defence driving documentation including F/MT 600 Defence Driving Permit and F/MT 601 Driver Training Record Folders, Contract Driver Training (CDT), JAMES and Clarity uploads and administration
The experience you'll bring
* Previous transport instructor role in a training environment.
* Must have a proven record of instructional roles.
* Defence General Service Driver Conversion Instructor (DGSDCI)
* Previous driving licence control experience
* Current and Valid driving license Cat C, C+E and D or full Cat D
* You must pass a Colour Perception test for aerodrome access and should be colour perception (CP) standard of Red Green CP2 (safe) or CP3 (defective/safe).
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* After a successful probationary period of six months, you may be offered the chance to gain the following driving licences and supporting cards:
o Passenger Carrying Vehicles (PCV) DVSA Licence Category D1 or D
o Large Goods Vehicles (LGV) DVSA Licence Category C1 or C
o Driver Certificate of Professional Competency (DCPC) PCV & LGV
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please visit our website to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.