Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Peterborough for a Trainee Composite Technician to join their team with an immediate start!
This is a temporary to permanent role with an immediate start!
Do you have an interest in engineering and manufacturing? Have you ever thought about joining the composite industry, but worried that you don't have experience? This is great opportunity for you now. Manpower are recruiting new trainees on behalf of our client to become part of the team. They offer in house training covering theory and practice.
Working hours and pay:
£9.50 per hour
Full/part time: Full time
Working Hours: 8am -4.30pm Monday to Friday.
About the role:
Our Client is a specialist engineering and technology company focused on the manufacture of carbon fibre components and tooling, serving the motorsport, aerospace, space, and satellite communications industry as well as other commercial and bespoke applications.
They run a training scheme for new trainees whose ambitions are to learn more specialist skills in carbon fibre and other composite materials. Starting as Trainee Composite Technician you will get an opportunity to grow within the area of your interest whether in the laminating or trimming department.
Carrying out all duties required in the manufacture of composite tools, parts and assemblies to a high specification using advanced composite materials. This includes:
- Interpretation of customer drawings
- Pattern sealing and preparation for moulding
- Mould tool manufacture and preparation for production
- Tool maintenance
- Working with honeycomb and foam cores
- Vacuum bagging techniques
- Close tolerance trimming
- Fitting and bonding
- Surface finishing
Due to the nature of work, our client has seasonal busy periods (Dec - April) where shift work and additional overtime may be required. Therefore, we are looking for individuals who can work flexibly to ensure that our client can hit all customers' deadlines.
In House Training:
The role also includes a block release study period on our clients site at Orton Southgate. You will be expected to attend the lessons and complete all coursework within the allocated timescales.
What we expect from you:
- Enthusiasm and appreciation of doing job well
- A willingness to learn by listening to the experience of others
- To take responsibility to meet targets
- Manage and apply safe systems of work, ethically and responsibly
- Show respect for colleagues and work environment
- Commit and apply professional code of conduct
- Have a level of commercial awareness, solving problems, eliminating wastes and risks
- Understand and implement continuous improvements in the workplace
You will need a minimum of four GCSE's including English, Maths and Science with a minimum grade of C/5 in Maths and English
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!