Job Title: Electrical Fitter Estates
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh,GB, G84 8HL
Compensation: £32,422+ benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 43625
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as an Electrical Fitter Estates
You will undertake electrical fitting activities, repairs and inspections on systems and equipment on all aspects of work completed within the estate and, when required, in other sections.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Electrical Fitter Estates with a recognised Electrical Engineering Apprenticeship qualified to SVQ Level 3 (or NVQ and C&G equivalent) or HNC and above in an Electrical/Electronic engineering discipline with relevant work experience
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Completion of all planned preventative maintenance and nuclear implicated work to ensure the department meets the objectives of the business.
* Identification and rectification of all system, manufacture, defects and alterations to ensure the continued availability and performance of the Estate.
* Ensure that work is carried out in line with current processes and make suggestions on improving systems and processes to increase productivity in accordance with set objectives and timescales.
* Work within all H&S legislation, Safe Systems Of Work and control of work processes within BM&T Clyde policies.
The experience you'll bring
* Electrical Systems & Equipment
* Maintenance Documentation
* Safe systems of work
* Risk Assessments
* You should hold or have ability to obtain full SC Clearance
* Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Share Ownership Scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 26th May 2022