An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Training Co-ordinator based at their prestigious facility in Gloucester. This is a full-time temporary role up to 31st Dec 2022, to start ASAP, working a 37.5-hour week. This role is paying between £31,270 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Main Job Purpose:
Gloucester SU finds itself in a growing, volatile ice cream market - and the requirements on the factory to respond to this means it needs to run more lines through low-season and must respond to rapid changes in demand. A key requirement to achieve this is a highly skilled, flexible workforce with the ability to move easily between areas of site. The site has just significantly changed its training & development framework and put this at the heart of its strategy.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the main purpose of this role is to coordinate training activities on the shop floor. The individual will plan and monitor training plans to the shop floor on a daily basis and work alongside the shift leaders to ensure that activities are being driven and carried out to the right quality. This person will need to work with area leaders to develop suitable training plans which are aligned with the site strategy - including but not limited to improving line knowledge, technical operator training, mandatory training (food safety, vehicle licences, etc).
- Monitoring training activities on the shop floor
- Ensuring the support of technical trainers is in place where required
- Working alongside the shift leader to act as the first point of contact for any training queries from operators
- Handing out training passports to individuals and helping them to fill them out properly
- Capturing the progress of training activities by talking to operators and ensuring this is suitably communicated to area leaders where gaps are appearing
- Arranging & coordinating inductions for new operators, ensuring they are suitably supported on the shop floor
- Ensuring all documents and manuals are stored in an organised fashion
- Capturing all data associated with training and providing this in a clear fashion to stakeholders in order to steer training decisions
- Responsible for preparing all data / analysing trends for the training across the factory
- Responsible for supporting the PTM in building long-term, loss-driven training plans
- To help ensure site compliance with all Quality, Environmental Standards, Site Rules and Regulations, Code of Business Principles and Computer Usage including email and internet and Procedures
Skills and Experience
- Strong people skills and a 'servant leadership' mindset towards operations staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Good level of computer literacy
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to manipulate data in Excel
- Logical problem solver
- Ability to coach others
- Ability to look longer term beyond the issues of the day, to spot trends and turn them into making long-term plans
- Confident to hold colleagues accountable for delivery
Would also be of benefit
- Knowledge of continuous manufacturing in a food manufacturing-based industry
- Knowledge of process and packaging machinery
- Prior understanding of manufacturing loss trees
- Knowledge of safe working practices & current industry standards
- You should be flexible in order to fulfil training needs and shift cover.
- Hours of work are 8-hour days, but some flexibility is needed in line with shop floor requirements.