Location: Hartlepool, GB, TS25 2BZ
Compensation: £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
Full Time / Permanent Position
Cavendish Site based teams have seen an increase in the number of ad-hoc requests from EDF to support priority tasks on various EDF station. As such, we have a need for a more flexible capability within our team to meet those demands.
You will be based at one of the EDF Nuclear Power Stations dependant on your home location, which will be known as the home station with a requirement to travel to other stations namely Hartlepool, Torness, Heysham A, Heysham B, Hunterston, Hinkley B, Dungeness, Sizewell B as required depending on business demands. Deployment to a particular station will be planned in advance with sufficient notice provided.
What will you be doing?
Main responsibilities are:
* To undertake installation, commissioning and maintenance activities in accordance with your training, best practice and trade/legal standards.
* To participate in the planning and preparation of works.
* To carry out work in accordance with work packs and best practice and applicable trade/legal standards.
* To comply with any health and safety requirements of the work pack or work area.
* To carry out safety and behavioural observation.
* To comply with quality requirements of the work pack.
* To not proceed past a hold point.
* To report any defects, damage, safety hazards or other problems to your line manager.
The experience you'll bring
* Level 3 Qualification (e.g. Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship) appropriate to their trade - Mechanical fitter.
* CCNSG Safety Passport.
* Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation.
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 27th March 2022