Senior Project Management Office Administrator
Location: United Kingdom - Remote working, ideally commutable to either Devonport or Portsmouth site
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior PMO Administrator to join our Babcock Corporate Services business, being responsible for the maintenance of an effective supporting infrastructure for the project delivery team. As a Senior PMO Administrator you'll operate key portfolio delivery processes such as mobilisation and closure, maintain and support change in standards and practices, delivery assurance as well as provide expert PM guidance.
Who we are looking for?
As a Senior PMO Administrator you'll be preparing and providing reporting and administration support, knowledge management as well as the management and support of the project toolset. Therefore, we are looking for a Senior PMO Administrator who will own, communicate, and deliver to a high standard. You'll have bags of energy and passion for IT and project delivery support, as well as a keen eye for driving efficiency and customer service.
What will you be doing?
In the role of a Senior PMO Administrator you may be required and willing to travel to either Devonport or Portsmouth site for workshops as the business need requires.
Your duties will include:
* Project Delivery Support in both project and minor works delivery processes
* Reporting including arranging, preparing materials and supporting portfolio meetings
* Maintain guidance and templates for the project delivery process
* Delivery Assurance supporting the Heads of Portfolio in maintaining portfolio and cross-portfolio information
* Analyse and resolve project finance queries
* Admin Support to portfolio and cross portfolio meetings as required
The experience you'll bring
* Minimum Educational qualifications A levels in appropriate subject, with degree level education desirable
* Demonstrable experience in an IT programme and project support office function supporting a diverse portfolio of programmes and projects of varying size and complexity
* Experience in financial concepts and managing financial data as well as data analysis
* Strong MS Office skills
* Good communication skills both written and verbal
* Excellent organisational and planning skills
Lastly, you must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 27th May 2022