Job Title: Project Controls Officer
Location: Stoke Gifford, Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ
Compensation: £ 37,908.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42814
SSNR is the programme to design and build the replacement for the UK's Astute class nuclear submarine. As the programme grows there is a growing role for Babcock to support the submarine development and ensure that the emerging platform design is as supportable as possible and can deliver the required level of availability. The Babcock team is based in Bristol, with teams at Devonport and Clyde, and works closely with the SDA, BAE Systems and Rolls Royce.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Project Controls Officer to be accountable for the delivery of the Project Controls. You will be asked for guidance and knowledge within your specialism. Once you have identified deviations within the project control, you will provide corrective actions to the wider team.
What will you be doing?
* Support the development of Project Control outputs that enable the SSNR team to be held to account for delivery of their Project and Business commitments.
* Identify deviations from baseline Project Control positions and recommend corrective actions where necessary. Provide guidance to the wider SSNR Programme Management Office (PMO) as necessary.
* Monitor and control project information held within the chosen Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool(s).
* Prepare, maintain, analyse and provide Project Management Information to enable the monitoring and control of the contracts.
* To provide advice on Project and Programme Management tools, techniques and processes to support the SSNR PMO and the wider Enterprise.
* Identify and manage delivery risks within assigned areas, ensuring that the risk register is populated and the risk process/guidance are adhered to.
The experience you'll bring
* MOD/Defence/Marine/Subs experience
* Project based experience, with knowledge of project management methods.
* Analytical skills
* Excellent communication skills
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 27/05/2022