Job Title: P-Way Supervisor
Location: Translink Office, Antrim, Belfast, GB, BT12 6PU
Compensation: £36,203.00 + roster premium, company van, overtime + other excellent benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43989
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor P-Way to join our business, assisting in the planning and safe delivery of Track Renewals work packages in compliance with the appropriate Group, Line Standards and Safety Legislation. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team, managing circa 3 individuals as well as on site agency staff, while at the same time developing a future career with Babcock International.
Babcock Rail's team in Northern Ireland is now moving into an exciting period of growth to meet the challenges of delivering several further sizable, complex and high-profile programmes of work, including Belfast Transport Hub and further safety critical projects across Northern Ireland which have led to the creation of an ambitious growth plan. This includes numerous and varied opportunities across the business from Project Management Office (PMO) roles to construction led, engineering, engineering management, installation and safety critical positions.
Who we are looking for?
This role requires a P-Way Supervisor who has previous experience working in a similar role as well as experience of planning within the track sector and someone with the right knowledge, abilities, and experience to deliver Track / P-Way requirements
What will you be doing?
As a P-Way Supervisor you'll be effective in controlling a workforce and ensuring time delivery of renewals requirements to allocated deadlines.
Your duties will include:
* Assist in the detailed planning and execution of Track Renewals Works as allocated by the Senior Supervisor.
* Responsible for planning and directing the activities of track staff.
* Assist with and attend Whiteboard/Stage Gate meetings in accordance with Babcock Track Renewals Procedure producing the required outputs to support effective and robust delivery of the works to completion.
* Ensure agreed performance and other KPI's are met
* Ensure compliance with Contract allowables for all works.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant Safety Legislation and Welfare Regulations.
The experience you'll bring
* Proven experience in Permanent Way maintenance/track renewals with more recent experience at Senior Infrastructure Technician or equivalent level.
* In depth knowledge of Track Renewals discipline.
* Excellent knowledge of Rules and Regulations, HASAW and other appropriate regulations, including Group Standards.
* Knowledge of financial controls.
* Excellent interpersonal and man management skills.
* Ability to drive
* This role requires full flexibility from you to work days/nights/evenings and weekends as the needs of the business require.
* Must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 27th May 2022