An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Customer Replenishment Specialist to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum. It will require you to work from sites in Leeds and Bradford 3-4 days per week, plus 1-2 days working from home. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months, working a 37.5-hour week, paying up to £40,000 pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
The Customer Replenishment Specialist is primarily responsible for working with our customers to develop the most accurate forecast possible for promotions and events (new listings, product changes etc) and ensuring this is reflected in the UL forecasting system to maintain excellent on shelf availability, forecast accuracy and service level.
The main focus is on providing the UL planning teams with insight from the customer via detailed understanding of customer systems and processes at store and depot level to facilitate the execution of events and communicating information to the customer about upcoming UL activities. The role will also involve some project activities with the customer to improve our service or delivery efficiency.
The scope of responsibility will vary from one group of products with one large customer to many product groups with multiple smaller customer.
This role will require regular meetings at customer head office and will interact with customer systems as well as UL systems. Subject to the level of access granted by the customer, the CRS duties can include providing spreadsheet analysis of SKU stock and availability levels and agreeing collaborative forecasts for promotions with customers and sharing these within UL.
The CRS will be reactive to short term demand fluctuations and provide insight on stock, changes to distribution and buy-in phasing to help to interpret stock flow patterns and facilitate decision making during short stock situations but the primary focus will be on ensuring the forecast is right first time to avoid the need for this.
A key interaction will be with the UL Customer Account Manager to ensure that the commercial and supply chain communication to the customer is fully aligned.
Working closely with key contacts within the customer
- Drive sales through optimising flow of stock to shelf
- Report, analyse and deliver on KPIs by implementing continuous improvement activities related to availability, inventory, forecasting, execution of events and value creation.
- Build close relationships to create a partnership with an open and transparent dialogue and flow of information.
- Deliver optimum On Shelf Availability through interactions with customer systems and processes.
- Administer CPFR (collaborative planning, forecast and replenishment) cyclical process and support account manager in short term planning meeting with customer buyer and supply chain
- Update Customer's systems to reflect supply constraints to maximise truck fill
- Be involved in Supplier Collaboration projects where appropriate
- Responsible for range changes within the Customer are executed without losses
Working closely with key contacts within UL
- Support Category Planners in short term through weekly review and communication of volume variances as well as medium term through formal root cause analysis of major variances and taking preventative actions.
- Alert planning team to critical SKUs that sell very differently to plan and support resolution of disconnect between supply and demand.
- With the Customer Facing Specialist seek to minimise impact on customer casefill shortages.
- Handle major variances to customer ordering pattern, such as depot or store openings and network changes.
- Support total customer service team and maintain operational cover in times of absence or other priorities
- Track record of delivery in Customer Service including good experience with managing customer requirements, and will ideally have a supply chain background including forecasting responsibilities. Previous experience as an analyst for a retailer ideal.
- Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities (able to use VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables and macros)
- Passionate about delivering.
- Good interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills essential.
- Service mindset, taking ownership to resolve customer issues
- Ability to build relationship and be a strong team player both within Customer and the business
- Proactive approach to issues and opportunities
- High levels of numeracy and logical reasoning
- To be able to assimilate and act on complex data and information
- To be able to influence and communicate effectively at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Influencing skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- To understand the financial impact of decisions
- SAP experience beneficial however training will be provided in role