An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Technical Team Lead based at home within distance from the client site in Preston. This is a full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week. The role is paying up to £33,000 depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will have team lead responsibilities across an account delivering to multiple high-profile customers. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Senior Team Lead, the Regional Operations Manager and other respected management team to manage a dispersed team delivering 1st, 2nd & 3rd line support across multiple customers.
In this role you will oversee and be responsible for a team of approx. 40 engineers dealing with a varied user base in the MWS space and will need to be adaptable, organised, and flexible in your approach.
In this role you will be people managing only, working to develop skills, improve productivity, and drive engagement and satisfaction. The successful candidate will need to be able to interact at all levels (junior to senior). Help cultivate the long-term partnership with the customer, so the ability to demonstrate a 'smart working' outlook and ideas will be an advantage.
Responsibilities to Include -
- Support your team on a day-to-day basis, being available and driving improvements and engagement.
- Assign ad hoc tasks and requests on a daily basis.
- Ensure weekly/monthly tasks i.e., overtime, timecards are carried out
- You will act as a central point of contact for the employees under your control and will work closely with the management teams to ensure all work is completed on time within SLA
- Responsible for people management tasks including but not limited to PDP, absence and performance management, holiday planning, scheduling, recruitment, and resource management.
- Supporting the Senior Team Lead in finance tasks including but not limited to monthly billing, additional billing, budgeting, and forecasting.
Essential Skills -
- Exceptional customer service skills with written, verbal and presentation experience
- Highly organised with the ability to work in a fast-paced, structured manner to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of managing a team and able to demonstrate how to get the best out of them.
- Ability to foster creativity, individual contribution, and team collaboration
- Confident, collaborative working style and able to interface with people of all levels.
- Previous technical knowledge/experience advantageous.
- High attention to detail with a good understanding of working with third-party Field Service organisations.