Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Peterborough for a semi skilled Trimmer/Fitter to join their team with an immediate start!
This is a permanent role with an immediate start!
Working hours and pay: £12.50 per hour
Full/part time: Full time
Working Hours: 8am -4.30pm Monday to Friday.
About the role:
We are looking for highly experienced fitters to join our clients composite fitting department, for trimming/fitting of structural carbon components of both monolythic and sandwich construction. Components are pre-preg material, vacuum bagged, and autoclave cured.
Reporting into and supporting the Trim Shop Supervisor in the efficient running of the department by meeting job timescales and demands, whilst completing jobs to the highest of standards.
Successful applicants will exhibit the following abilities: -
- Excellent understanding and interpretation of complex technical drawings
- To trim and fit components & moulds as specified by customer drawings and operating procedures
- To trim, fit and bond complex assemblies with sub-assemblies, inserts & fixings
- Proven experience and application of surface preparation for bonding metallics and composites
- Experience in preparation and application of composite repairs
- Fully competent in de-moulding components without damaging either the part or the mould using the correct tools
- To finish components and moulds to the highest of standards required by the customer
- To ensure components & moulds are trimmed and fitted in a timely manner, to excellent quality standards and deadlines
Key skills for the role include, but not limited to: -
- Work effectively as part of a team and under own initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Be resourceful and adaptable with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!