Job Role: Account Manager (Freight)
Hours: Full time
We're recruiting for an Account Manager and we're hoping that's you!
You'll have full autonomy of your pipeline, as you'll be building it from scratch. You'll be responsible for winning new business by using excellent product and industry knowledge, sales skills, and techniques, and most importantly, by displaying an unmatched level of drive, desire, and motivation. You'll also be responsible for managing the accounts you win - building relationships, providing a tailored service, and growing the accounts to achieve maximum profitability.
You don't need industry experience; we'll provide you with excellent training to ensure you have all the tools you need to be successful. However, we need you to bring to the table, those traits that we just can't teach - resilience, ambition, and competitiveness.
- Win new business via telesales and cold calling
- Consistently grow the gross profit and achieve revenue targets
- Maximise revenue opportunities from existing customers by pursuing undeveloped areas
- Process consignments and enter telesales information on to the internal CMS
- Monitor consignments, ensuring that the highest levels of service are carried out at every stage
- Provide customers with accurate and cost-effective quotations
- Prepare weekly/monthly figures of sales activity
Your Skills and Experiences
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrate an ability to negotiate and influence others
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Have proven experience of stakeholder management and networking to achieve results
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Experience of working in a proactive sales role either on the phone or face-to-face
Good Reasons to Join
We make sure that high performance is rewarded. As part of our Account As part of our Account Manager Scheme, you'll be able to develop yourself professionally, increasing your earnings significantly, whilst working in for a company that can provide unmatched job security and stability.
We also provide you with a company car and a fuel card from day 1, which can be used for your own personal use too, providing significant savings from having to run your own vehicle.
We also provide you with 23 days of annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) as well as access to our Route2Rewards platform, which provides discounts for high street and online retailers.