Job Title: MOD Project Support Manager
Location: United Kingdom - Hybrid role (3 days in Walsall office and 2 days from home) with monthly customer visits anywhere within the UK
Compensation: £35,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a MOD Project Support Manager to join our Babcock Vehicle Engineering business, based here at Walsall. In this hybrid role you'll be supporting the MOD Key Account Manager with delivery of all customer contract activities, in order to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction, while at the same time developing a future career with Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking to recruit a Project Support Manager who is highly skilled and practiced in both Contract and Project Management. You'll be an innovative and creative thinker, together with the ability to interpret data to create and communicate compelling and pragmatic solutions. Above all, you'll be committed in achieving our organisational ambitions coupled with a real passion and desire in achieving and exceeding customer delivery targets.
What will you be doing?
In the role as a MOD Project Support Manager, you'll be the primary point of contact for the CAV Fleet customer base, ensuring all concerns are swiftly addressed.
Your duties will include:
* Retain current customer relationships and develop new relationships with the customer via regular communication and service excellence.
* Attend all meetings, both internal and external to meet the demands of the role
* Liaise with all internal stakeholders instilling a clear perspective on requirements to fulfil our contractual obligations and achieve customer delivery targets
* Deal effectively with all customer concerns; ensuring that they are formally captured tracked and resolved, or escalated as needed to achieve an agreeable resolution
* Work with the MOD Key Account Manager, to develop new strategies, that support: assured profitable delivery to the contracted output, sustained future repeat business and future business growth
* Creation and submission of product project plans that clearly demonstrate effective management of all contract conversion costings and production time allocation
The experience you'll bring
* Experience of Developing Customer Relationships
* Contract Management experience
* Experience of Project Management in an engineering environment
* Experience of working in an automotive / engineering environment
* Experience of strategy and development
* Financial budget and control
* Must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click appky to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 19th May 2022