Embedded Test Engineer in Manufacturing
We are hiring an Embedded Test Engineer in Manufacturing for our client based in Limerick.
The successful person will be responsible for the design, implementation, and validation systems for the hardware electronics systems manufacturing in the company.
This role is a full time, permanent role.
About our client:
Our client is Ireland's fastest growing and market-leading smart grid technology and services company headquartered in Limerick with offices in Dublin, Sydney, Melbourne, Krakow and Texas.
Their technology enables large electricity customers to actively participate in the electricity market to generate revenue in return for providing valuable services that help support the reliability of the power grid.
Together, their clients can provide more power to the grid than some of the country's large power stations. These services are delivered via their own custom designed control and communication systems.
Their state-of-the-art systems are designed to provide the fast frequency response services that are needed to facilitate increased integration of renewable energy on the power grid.
The company was recently named the fastest growing technology company in Ireland at the Deloitte Fast 50 Awards in 2019. They are beginning to expand globally, with plans to implement energy system services in a number of other countries.
- Develop test plans, procedures for testing hardware electronic systems in manufacturing process.
- Integrate developed test systems by external manufacturers.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentations for system testing.
- Analyse and troubleshoot test defects in a timely fashion.
- Review test procedures and instructions before starting the system testing processes.
- Write system assembly instructions and resolve assembly issues accurately.
- Work with Supervisors to plan and coordinate test activities.
- Evaluate system performance and suggest improvements.
- Understand and interpret drawings, schematics, blueprints, technical manuals, and instructions.
- Follow company policies and safety regulations.
- Testing process knowledge,
- Very good practical knowledge of debugging hardware and tools.
- Ability to organize tasks for other team members within agile oriented environment,
- At least 1-year relevant experience in embedded development/testing,
- Knowledge standard test environment (e.g., LabView, Python),
- Experience developing in Linux and Windows test environments,
- Ability to plan and organize your work,
- Analytical mindset and report writing skills,
- Dependability and a structured working method,
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science.
- C/C++ knowledge,
- Nice to have knowledge about AWS resources databases/EC2,
- Master's degree in electronic or electrical engineering,
- Test/development experience with metering devices,
- Experience with an electrical/electronic schematic design package,
- Experience with a 3D CAD package.
If you want to join Ireland's fastest growing and market-leading smart grid technology and services company.. Apply Now!