An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fragrance Analyst to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Sure, Persil & Comfort, based at their R&D facility in Port Sunlight, Wirral AND Liverpool (L7).
This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months working a 37.5 hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £32,000k per annum depending on experience.
The majority of the job is office-based working on data analysis/interpretation. Time is also spent in the MIF (Liverpool University) labs extracting fragrances and setting up instruments, with the opportunity to evaluate with teams in Port Sunlight to improve fragrance value.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
- To support business with the analysis and interpretation of fragrance compositions and fragrance behaviour.
- Identify trends in data to provide insights.
- Work with the in-House perfumer and Fragrance Manager to optimise value from fragrance
- Identify existing raw materials under threat from regulatory and/or Clean Future ambitions, assessing their impact on existing fragrances
- Identify new replacement raw materials as they become available
Global Fragrance Capability exists as internal resource to provide expertise and insights about:
1) Own and Competitor fragrance oils and technology
2) Fragrance House and Competitor fragrance strategies
3) Value - optimising performance / cost for specific key stages in specific formulations
4) Fragrance raw materials, production routes, use/role in formulations
- Organisation and interpretation of analytical data to draw conclusions regarding fragrance composition/behaviour
- Extraction of fragrances from products/ surfaces/ headspace using a variety of techniques
- Chromatographic analyses using a variety of GC-MS instruments
- Detailed data analysis and interpretation
- Prepare communications/reports of finding
- Ensuring all work is accurately recorded for future traceability
- Use of specific materials - speciality and commodity
- Develop, modify and utilise methodology/equipment to carry out analysis of fragrance components in various HBPC applications
- Modify existing SOPs or create new methods to address specific needs
- To lead and co-ordinate specific programme to analyse and interpret the House's strategies to deliver 100% Biodegradability and 100% Renewability
- Interest in data analysis and insights
- Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or closely related subject
- Interest in or experience of working with fragrances