An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Network Engineer based on their customer site in London. This is a full-time, permanent role, Monday to Friday role however need to join a 24/7 on call rota. The role is paying up to £60,000 and £1,966 Inner London allowance.
This individual will provide on-going day to day support for global data network. This role will serve as level 3 support for all network related support tasks and trouble shooting.
- Design, develop and deploy LAN/WAN network infrastructure
- Responsible for 3rd level troubleshooting for all Lan/Wan alerts and issues
- Responsible for maintenance of all monitoring and reporting systems
- Produce and Maintain documentation related to all systems developed/deployed
- Perform on-call duty for non-business hours support as per shift assignments
- Perform administrative tasks pertaining to time entry and status reporting
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills. Must be able to quickly identify and resolve network related issues in smallest possible time.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to clearly interact with the customer, understand the requirements and communicate with the offshore team. Must be able to participate and represent the team in Change and Incident management meetings
- Troubleshoot routing loops
- Troubleshoot asymmetric routing & STP Loop issues
- Troubleshoot load balancers issues for application flow
- Working on all applications such as SAP, Citrix, Portal, etc.
- Working on SDWAN related issues
- Analyzing the outputs of all the tools and making recommendations example: High CPU utilization on core device at Data Center
- Implementation of Operational Changes & coordination with project team for project related changes.
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Cisco ASA, IPS
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Cisco ISE
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Wireless, Cisco AnyConnect
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Routing protocols - EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Configuring/Troubleshooting LAN Switching - VLAN, VTP, STP, EtherChannel,
- Quality of service configuration
- Configuring/Troubleshooting WAN - MPLS, Metro-E
- Configuring/Troubleshooting TCP/IP protocol suite,
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Application protocols - HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL etc.
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Network Security - IPSec/SSL VPN, AAA Architecture, TACACS+, RADIUS
- Cisco Catalyst & Nexus 9K/7K Series of switches
- Configuring/Troubleshooting of Cisco Routers, 3900, 4400 Series
- Configuring/Troubleshooting Cisco IOS Software
- Configuring/Troubleshooting of WAN Acceleration/optimization
- Configuring/Troubleshooting of Application Load balancers
- Experience with Next Gen Firewalls - Cisco, Fortinet
- Experience with Firewall Cloud Services - Zscaler, Umbrealla
- SDWAN Experience - Silverpeak/Velo Cloud
- Experience with network segmentation - Trustsec, Tetration or Illumio
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to communicate with the customer and be able to present solutions to peers
- Open for 24x7 availability
- Conduct technical trainings to internal resources
- Minimum 10 Years of Domain Experience, CCNP Certified