Manpower are currently looking for an experienced Customs Administrator to join a well-established logistics organisation in Ashford.
This role is ideal for someone who is fully conversant with all aspects of import/export documentation and sea freight clearance procedures with at least 1 year's experience submitting declarations to Descartes/Destin8 systems.
The responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with internal and external contacts
- Working with importers/exporters and internal operational colleagues to obtain mandatory information for import and export entries (short-sea)
- Accurately completing HMRC entries and necessary documentation
- Assisting customers on the classification of goods
- Using Customs related software including CHIEF, Destin8 & Descartes
- Obtaining relevant licenses for different types of goods for imports
The Customs Administrator will have a good understanding of import/export procedures across all commodities.
Based in the Ashford office, which is one of the only Customs offices in the UK to run a fully 24/hour service, meaning that no two days are the same!
12 hour shift rota, 4 days on - 4 days off including Days and Nights and bank holidays and weekends due to the 24/hour nature of the business -they need to have operators available for their international customers so ask staff to be flexible.
Please apply ASAP or call Katy on 07483921954