Head of Inventory
Location: United Kingdom - Hybrid, Flexible Location
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time/Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Inventory to join our business, focusing on driving transformational change across our Supply Chain operations including Integrated Business planning, Material Planning and Warehouse Operations. In this hybrid working role you'll be responsible for monitoring, optimising, designing, and driving the optimum Inventory holdings across the network to reduce costs, increase flexibility, and support future business growth.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Head of Inventory to lead, inspire and motivate the team to ensure resourcing levels and capabilities are in place to deliver the business goals. Therefore, strong leadership and development skills, as well as flexibility and ability to deal with change are key attributes to securing this role. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and develop a future career with Babcock International.
What will you be doing?
As the Head of Inventory, you will play a key role supporting multiple site specific and network wide programs and initiatives to ensure we achieve our business targets, KPI's, business objectives, and drive resolution of roadblocks.
What the role involves:
- Provide strategic & tactical leadership for inventory Across our Group Businesses including reductions programmes and optimisation activities.
- Develop and implement and manage Policy, Process and Governance where it relates to Inventory.
- Optimise use of technology where it relates to material planning and optimisation of Inventory.
- Utilise Inventory Management tools and analytical capabilities to understand effectiveness of inventory, poor performance and obsolescence such that corrective action can be taken.
- Develop and execute visible metrics in order to identify and drive performance improvement and monitor progress.
- Partner with Warehouse Operations, Transportation/Logistics, S&OP/IBP, and Business teams including Business Growth to execute various forward-thinking projects.
The experience you'll bring
You will need a Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience.
You will also need:
- A wealth of experience in related field (warehouse operations, supply chain, distribution, logistics, inventory, demand planning, supply planning, transportation, manufacturing, sourcing, operational excellence, etc.).
- Prior experiences leading and managing within a highly regulated environment and leading large and geographically dispersed improvement activities.
- Prior experience in operational excellence, lean six sigma, continuous improvement, project management.
- Experience with various ERP and WMS software.
- Accreditation to the relevant professional institutes (i.e., CILT).
Lastly, you must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 27th May 2022