Transport Coordinator/Weighbridge Administrator
My clients are a family-owned business providing specialist waste recycling and waste management services based in East Sussex, they are currently looking to expand their team and are looking for an experienced, professional and reliable Weighbridge administrator / Transport Co-ordinator to join their busy team.
The role of the Weighbridge Administrator is a customer facing role which requires excellent people skills and the ability to work on own initiative. The Weighbridge Administrator will be responsible for weighing various vehicle's carrying numerous waste types in and out of the site whilst ensuring all data is recorded accurately. The administrator will also be required to conduct financial transactions utilising the I.T. system (SAP)
Good eye for detail is required to assess various grades of metal to determine rebate values.
The administrator will be assessing both general and WEEE wastes including hazardous and non-hazardous material and calculating appropriate charges.
- Must be able to build effective relations and manage customer relationships
- Able to work as part of a team or individually under pressure using own initiative
- Dealing with basic staff requirements i.e. holiday request forms and issuing PPE
- Health & Safety awareness is essential
- Dealing promptly and efficiently with telephone and visitor enquiries.
- Passing relevant enquiries and information onto our Sales team
- liaising with the sales team to action jobs when they become live.
- Receiving orders from new and existing customers for various container hire services and waste collections.
- Inputting these orders onto (SAP).
- Effectively co-ordinating the relevant drivers/vehicle types and subsequently shipping of the roll on roll off and articulated vehicles.
Geographical knowledge of the South of England an advantage.
Maintaining excellent records, accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
Working closely with the general manager and yard supervisor to organise outgoing loads and third party haulage.
Collating details of any breakdowns, accidents or incidents from drivers and passing on the information to the general manager.
Ideally you will have similar experience in a relevant office environment i.e. Waste, Recycling or Haulage, and a practical outlook is essential.
Working hours 7am - 5pm Monday - Friday, this position does require some flexibility around hours which also requires some Saturday morning working.