Job Title: Workshop Supervisor (Mechanical)
Location: Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 0BS
Compensation: £32,678 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43743
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Workshop Supervisor (Mechanical). As a Supervisor you will be responsible for a Mechanical section of the Workshop with line management responsibilities for 10 people. The team are responsible for the repair and overhaul of military vehicles and equipment.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an excellent multi-tasker who is an approachable and customer orientated individual with good communication skills as well as excellent organisation skills. You will have good interpersonal skills with the ability to manage people, individuals and teams.
What will you be doing?
As a Workshop Supervisor (Mechanical) you will
* Manage employee welfare (providing information and support, hearing and addressing concerns and escalating where appropriate)
* Manage performance of team members in line with policies (conducting informal reviews, objective setting, PDR processes, recognition of good performance / leading poor performance procedures)
* Manage capability procedures of team in line with policies
* Manage capacity of team to meet planned delivery (planning for annual leave, training, use of overtime)
Deliver communications to team
* Manage skills and competencies records of team
Allocating resource efficiently to deliver Direct Labour Utilisation (DLU) and overtime targets
The experience you'll bring
* You will ideally have experience in a similar role within an engineering environment or from a Military background
* Strong IT skills and SAP knowledge would be desirable
* Team leadership experience would be desirable
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Babcock DSG is committed to the continual development of its employees and to support this you may be required to undertake activity within your competence or accredited skillset across a variety of roles within your operational function or discipline consistent with your pay band. Additionally, training will be provided where required to broaden your personal competence and skills profile to maximise opportunities for your flexibility, personal development and deployability to provide experience across a range of roles and services we provide to our customers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 31st May 2022