Job Title: Simulator Desk Driver
Location: Fasalne, Helensburgh, GB, G84 8HL
Role Type: Full / Permanent
Job ID: 44018
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Simulator Desk Driver supporting Astute Class Operations and Ship Control Training within the Submarine Command Team Trainer (SCTT) and the Ship Control Trainer (SCT). You will support administration tasks of both the Quality Management and Data Management Organisations
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Simulator Desk Driver that has knowledge of team training operations. Knowledge of military training operations would be of particular interest but not essential.
What will you be doing?
Your main tasks will include:
* Training delivery, accountable to the Operations Manager: provide training support to instructional staff and to students with a wide range of experience, predominantly within the SCTT and SCT disciplines.) All training support is to be delivered to prescribed standards and within contractual requirements.
* Administration: to conduct all administration and reporting activities associated with supporting the delivery of training to contractual requirement and as otherwise directed by the management team
* Administration: to conduct all administration and reporting activities associated with the delivery of training to contractual requirement and as otherwise directed by the management. Provide administrative support other business areas. This may include tasks such as Data Management or SQEP reporting.
* Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times
* The above does not limit the work that can be undertaken by the job holder. To ensure maximum flexibility and reflect the Company's evolving needs, you may be asked to perform additional tasks that may be reasonably expected within your level of capability.
The experience you'll bring
* You must be able to work well in a team
* Highly organised
* Take ownership
* Proficient user of IT systems (Microsoft Office suite)
* Knowledge of military training would be beneficial
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience of operations within training environments.
* Local to Faslane, Helensburgh
* Hold or have the ability to obtain full SC clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
As one of the UK's largest apprenticeship providers, we offer apprenticeships at multiple levels in engineering with particular expertise in the rail, automotive, nuclear and energy industries as well as the British Army and Emergency Services. We also deliver apprenticeships across retail, hospitality, active leisure, adult care, automotive, business, customer service, early years care and warehousing sectors.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 31st May 2022