Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Warrington, WA3 6YF
Compensation: Excellent salary + Benefits
Role Type: Permanent
Job ID: 43464
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer and faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
This role will be working in our Defence business which applies Cavendish Nuclear's expertise to the integration and delivery of complex engineering projects in support of national defence. We are a trusted partner and have a long-standing working relationship with the Atomic Weapons Establishment and Ministry of Defence. Our portfolio of work includes the safe decommissioning of sites, but also major infrastructure and maintenance projects at both Clyde and Devonport (Naval Nuclear).
What will you be doing?
We have a new opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join us at our Warrington site. You will be working with key internal stakeholders, client and suppliers/subcontractors to drive both strategic value and operational excellence through all levels of the business. You will be required to provide commercial support and expertise to projects being responsible for a range of commercial activities (bid governance, reviews, change management, compensation event, contractual notices etc.)
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will initially be expected to attend the office for 3 days a week and work from home the remaining 2 days. This is subject to change once settled into the role and there will likely be more capacity to work from home. There is also a requirement to attend the client site for ad hoc meetings approximately once a month.
What a role with Cavendish Nuclear offers:
- Generous holiday entitlement and occupational sickness cover
- Agile working conditions
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Job satisfaction working together for a sustainable environment for future generations
- A tailored personal development and training programme as well as professional membership Subscriptions
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
The experience you'll bring:
- Qualified to degree level or possessing extensive experience in building services quantity surveying
- Experience with NEC 3 / 4
- Experience using CEMAR
- The successful candidate will be required to have, or have the ability to achieve SC security Clearance
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.