Job Title: High Voltage Authorised Person
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £40,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41460
We have an exciting opportunity within our High Voltage department which is responsible for operating and maintaining electrical supplies across Devonport Royal Dockyard, ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our three high voltage networks installed here. There is significant major infrastructure investment on site requiring increased, continuous support from the HV team enabling us to create this fantastic opportunity.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Authorised person, specifically trained and authorised to undertake switching, testing & commissioning duties as required by the High Voltage Authorised Person in Control to support the maintenance and upgrades of our complex High Voltage network.
What will you be doing?
* Ensure the safe operation of plant and systems under your control and issue the relevant safety documentation to cover the switching, commissioning, testing and maintenance of our high Voltage distribution systems.
The experience you'll bring
* Minimum Level 3 or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering
* Have experience in the safe operation/maintenance of High and Low voltage equipment
* Previous endorsement as a HV Authorised Person is preferable for this position, as is experience of working in a highly regulated industrial sector.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 02/06/2022