Job Title: English & Maths Tutor
Location: Remote Worker covering the North East (Yorkshire and Humberside)
Salary: £26,520 + Benefits
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job ID: SF39973
Babcock are currently looking for an English and Maths Tutor, to work remotely, supporting a caseload of learners with additional needs, to achieve their Functional Skills qualifications.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has experience with effectively delivering training, to a group of individuals with learning difficulties, and someone that understands the work-based learning environment for those learners with additional needs, not limited to but including dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD.
Your work will be both remote and will also involve travelling throughout the North East. You need to be someone that can deliver learning sessions that include e-learning modules & 1 to 1 sessions in the learners workplace. You will also, be required to apply flexible, imaginative, innovative and creative problem solving, taking novel ideas and approaches and putting them into practise.
What will you be doing?
* Interpretation of initial assessment and diagnostic assessments to formulate a learning plan.
* Managing a caseload of learners to achieve Functional Skills by a required target date.
* Managing the eLearning platform for modules & levels assigned, while continually reviewing progress against the specification of each Functional skill.
* Delivering learning sessions to include e-learning modules, as well as 1 to 1 sessions in the learners workplace.
* Ensuring learner support evidence is recorded onto Etrack adhering to audit requirements.
* Communicating with Regional Trainers & Training Managers to ensure progress is communicated.
The experience you'll bring:
* Must have or have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS security clearance.
* Hold a recognised teaching/training qualification.
* Ideally qualified to Level 3 Certificate in Adult Literacy and/or Numeracy or Functional Skills at Level 2, or equivalent.
* Proven delivery experience.
* Proven experience delivering numeracy & literacy qualifications, Maths & English.
* Understanding of the Work Based Learning environment.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Competitive salary and travel expenses
* 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
* Pension Plan
* Flexible benefit scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
* We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.