Our client, one of the UK's leading Energy providers is looking to recruit an experienced Project Support Officer (PSO) to provide administrative support and project coordination support for the Mechanical Components Branch within the Technical Client Organisation (TCO). This position sits within the PWR Technology (PWRT) Function in the TCO, supporting the delivery of EDFs PWR projects such as HPC and SZC. PWRT are responsible for fulfilling the Licensee's 'Intelligent Customer' responsibilities by maintaining technical oversight of the design and supply chain, in particular to ensure the safety case requirements are adequately captured and fulfilled during the design, procurement, manufacturing, construction/erection and plant commissioning.
The PSO shall work under the supervision of the Lead Team to perform a number of key tasks in the Mechanical Components Branch. The role requires liaising and engaging with staff and project teams from client licensees (eg. HPC, SZC, NGL). A limited amount of UK business travel may be required.
- General branch administrative duties namely:
- Carry out administrative duties associated with risk logs, budget control, HR and RD contract communications.
- Support the branch in maintaining procedures, learning reports and delivery workplans.
- Coordinate and prepare project meetings, jobs and tasks for the branch
- Team level project support duties namely
- Manage and maintain HPC and SZC contract distribution tables under supervision of Technical Engineering Leads (TELs)
- Provide administrative support to the Macro-Activity Leads.
- Run periodic reports on team performance metrics (e.g. review and acceptance documentation backlog, assessment findings, exemption requests, non-conformance reports, safety case papers).
- Run periodic checks using the documentation management system TeamCenter to ensure consistency of documentation listed in Design Package Release Notes.
- Project coordination activities on a number of key projects, as example:
- Fibre-free project
- Materials Management - linked to supporting go-live of Asset Suite 9
Qualifications & ExperienceThe post holder will require NVQ Level 3 or equivalent level of academic qualifications, together with a high level of numeracy, written and spoken English.Two to three years experience in similar project support roles.Familiarity in quality management systems is desirable.Having prior experience in using TeamCenter and PowerBI, or similar tools, are desirable.
Essential skillsSelf motivated and independentExcellent data management, communication and IT skillsAbility to verify information and articulate clearly on requirementsHighly organised and possess good attention to detail in producing high quality work Ability to work under pressure and tight timescalesProficient in report writing, producing presentations and data spreadsheets.
Please note; if successful you will be employed by Manpower working on a temporary ongoing basis with scope for extension. Our client are operating a Hybrid working model, therefore the need to be onsite a number of days a week is essential but there is scope to WFH. You will be expected to undertake a drugs and alcohol test as well as be security checked to BPSS and CTC Level.
Key Benefits working with Manpower:
* 36 days holiday accrual (pro-rata) including bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
* Access to client facilities onsite
* Access to Manpower's online training platform 'powerYOU', giving you access to hundreds of online training courses
* Opportunity to be selected for additional upskilling and career support through Manpower's MyPath programme
* Dedicated Manpower Account Specialist to provide support during your assignment