An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leader in the Medical Technology & Diagnostics field. Our client is looking to recruit a Production Operative based in Bridgend CF31 3NA. This a full-time role working 12 hour shifts 6am - 6pm or 6pm-6am, you will work in blocks of 3 shifts with varying rest periods in between ranging from one rest day to 7 days! Saturdays are optional with over time rates. This is a temporary ongoing role paying £11.08 per hour ASAP start required, there is potential to become permanent if the opportunity arises!
Bridgend is the development and manufacturing site for rapid hygiene testing and microbial screening products for use by dairy, food and beverage manufacturers. The products are also used in other applications including hospital hygiene, monitoring biocide treatment of industrial waters and in bio-detection systems for defence agencies.
- Work safely in line with behavioural safety principles
- Compliance with PPE requirements
- Keep workstations and area clean and tidy
- Spot potential hazards and report promptly to your team leader
- Complete guarding, emergency stops and interlock checks and report issues promptly
- Attend all mandatory safety training
- Comply with the product specifications
- To ensure that the job is carried out to right first-time principles
- Resolve problems as they occur e.g. reconciliation issues, out of specification readings
- Report any issues to Technicians / Team Leaders / Supervisors immediately
- To operate machinery to specification and meet daily job requirements in order to achieve scheduled production targets.
- To complete all relevant documentation
- Evaluate breakdowns / stoppages, inform Technician and Team Leader promptly and always seek out alternative work.
- Learn departments processes, procedures and equipment and apply this learning consistently
- Provide a full and detailed shift handover
- Co-operate and communicate with colleagues, supervision and support groups.
- Communicate with colleagues and team leaders at shift handover to ensure any problems are left with full explanation as agreed with Team Leader/Supervisor.
- To participate in training and ensure that all training is applied effectively
- Contribute to and support continuous improvement initiatives such as Lean Six Sigma etc as requested.
- Running the machines to specification
- Performing process quality checks
- Evaluate breakdowns and stoppages and communicate issues in a timely manner
Skills and Experience
Proven experience of working in a fast-paced production environment running assembly machines, a good eye for quality and experience of manual repetitive tasks. Experience working within a cleanroom environment an advantage.