Group Planning, Analysis & Insight (IR) Accountant
Location: United Kingdom - Remote Location with some travel required to Wigmore Street, W1U 1QX
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
This is a great opportunity to join Babcock International providing a high quality, reliable, insightful and right first time information to the Group CFO, Group Executive and Group Investor Relations Director. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team while at the same time developing a future career with Babcock.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Accountant with the ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of IFRS.
What will you be doing?
* Designing, consolidating and investigating performance analytics across the Babcock Group, for example revenue, profit and cash analytics and KPIs by Sector.
* Ensuring a comprehensive understanding of performance compared to prior years and Budgets.
* Interpreting detailed, comprehensive multiple data sets in order to provide a concise, insightful understanding for senior stakeholders.
* Maintaining a list of forecast dependencies, opportunities and risks for each Sector to monitor forecast delivery.
* Ensuring a link between those analytics and the actions being taken in the business to deliver, mitigate and improve.
* Ensuring the movements in rolling 12 monthly forecast performance can always be reconciled and interpreted against Budgets and prior forecasts, to ensure consistency of our performance "story board".
The experience you'll bring
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA accountant.
- A good working knowledge of IFRS is essential.
- Having worked in a Group or Sector F,P&A role will be an advantage.
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 2nd June 2022