Location: Flexible Worker - local to Portsmouth
Compensation: £19,500 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Travel Administrator. You will provide travel booking services as part of a centralised service using company authorised systems and processes. To enable our business to function staff have a need to travel both in the UK and overseas. You will manage our travel, spend and ensure the right quality of travel services are provided, the business operates using a preferred supplier for hotel, rail, air services and others for car hire and meeting room bookings.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Administrator with who can demonstrate excellent behaviours and a positive can-do attitude. Someone that is an analytical thinker who is highly organised and is a strong team player.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include:
- To screen travel request forms ensuring details are accurate and comprehensive enough to complete booking
- To book hotel, rail and flight requests using the FCM travel system
- To book hire cars using the Europcar travel system
- To liaise with travellers as required via email and phone
- To trouble shoot system problems with travel providers
- To monitor a shared email inbox ensuring all travel requests are receipted, acknowledged, prioritised and actioned accordingly
- To provide cover for other travel booker(s) ensuring service is available during business hours
The experience you'll bring
- Educated to Level 3 (A-Level or equivalent)
- Experience of Window operating system
- Experience of MS applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience of Europcar business booking system (Desirable)
Lastly, you should hold or have the ability to obtain full SC clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 10th June 2022