SSC Credit Controller
Location: Flexible Worker - local to Portsmouth to go into the office 2/3 days a week
Compensation: £30,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as an SSC Credit Controller. You will be reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager and will be responsible for help driving cash collections and delivery of Billing and Collections processes.
The Credit Controller will have specific responsibility for the end-to-end processes for all SAP and IFS ERP solutions including but not limited to legacy ERP's e.g., Navision supporting the Sectors. The role will take direct responsibility for allocated sales ledgers and leading the day-to-day collections together with activities in managing customer collections and billing queries working as part of a team.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for individuals that can contribute to building a successful team, that is driven by performance and cash collection targets and ability to collaborate with business units and develop our transformation journey by making a positive impact on our business. You will need to be able to hit the ground running and have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include:
- Management of agreed Aged Debt accounts and Collections of overdue debt and bad debt provisions
- Monitor and track customer billing queries and fully investigate remedial actions. Propose process enhancements and ensure process changes required are documented with a business change request.
- Agree cash collection targets with focus on delivery against those targets set and contribute to short term cash flow forecasting
- Participate in the monthly business reviews of customer aged debt and bad debt provisions / write offs
- To provide all services in accordance with all required regulatory, audit and compliance controls framework
- To act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for billing and cash collection
The experience you'll bring
You will need to be an experienced Credit Controller with cross functional experience for a large and varied customer base and exposure to Shared Services environment.
You will also need the following:
- Excellent listening and communication skills, with the ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels of the organisation.
- A self-starter, who is performance driven - with a desire to make significant contribution/impact.
- You will need to demonstrate an ability to deliver against cash targets and motivated to resolving queries at source.
- Comfortable with working cross-functionally in areas outside their own specific area(s) of expertise.
- Have a track record in delivering to deadlines to a measurably high degree of quality.
Lastly, you will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 10th June 2022