Location: Flexible Worker - near to Portsmouth
Compensation: £21,500 - £25,000
Role Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Payroll administrator will work in Babcock's corporate services team, reporting directly to the Payroll Manager and occasionally the Head of Payroll. The post holder should ensure the timely and accurate payment of all payees on all occasions, maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for experienced Payroll administrators who have experience of working in a fast paced environment. You will need to have a high attention to detail and excellent customer service skills to be able to handle queries from payees. Payments need to be recorded accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
What will you be doing?
- Efficient maintenance of employee files.
- Timely/accurate inputting of payroll related data, including new employee/leaver records.
- Accurate updating of staff records via the SAP payroll system.
- Efficient production and maintenance of weekly and monthly reports.
- Accurate checking and reconciling of payroll reports before BACS run.
- Efficient transmission of correct BACS file for payments.
- Ensuring statutory & company rules are correctly adhered to.
- Accurate monthly reconciliation for tax, NI and pension contributions.
- Timely process of correct employee payments.
- Efficient recording and monitoring of employee's absence, sickness, holiday and unauthorised absence.
The experience you'll bring
You will need experience of working in Payroll.
You will also need:
- Competency with MS excel
- High quality output, accuracy & attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Good communication & customer service skills
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 10th June 2022