Manpower Engineering are once again privileged to help a leading alternative network.
They are a full-fibre broadband provider with multi-millions of private investment for them to roll out a 10Gbps FTTP networks and have a plan to cover a total of 1,000,000 premises bringing truly exceptional connectivity services to homes and business in the South of England.
As their Head of Commissioning & Quality Assurance, you will take overall responsibility for their quality and commissioning for all projects running across our build locations. Oversee and own cumulative milestones, KPIs and targets on the projects, driving consistency across projects and owning the overall quality of our delivery from PoP site through to the end user Termination Point.
Responsible for driving a team of Quality, Commissioning and Streetworks Managers to deliver a network of the highest quality in adherence to industry standards and government guidelines. Accountable for successful delivery of projects against the key KPIs of cost, quality and time, in line with the requirements set out under the NEC3 contract. Ensuring lessons learned from deployment are utilised to drive quality improvements.
* Demonstrating a strong understanding of the Health & Safety implications and CDM requirements in a telecoms environment
* Ensuring all elements of the supply chain have in place the relevant personnel to manage the site safely under HSE
* Establishing the overall fibre construction milestones and KPI's for the Swish Fibre delivery to the quality standard required. Set the cadence and style of project reporting, establishing data requirements
* Develop and implement a consistent reporting and progress tracking framework for these projects
* Establish key internal and external stakeholders to the projects and build successful relationships that enable effective network delivery
* Work with Head of Commercial & Procurement colleagues to track budget and understand cost saving opportunities. Escalating issues when appropriate
* Oversee multiple build programmes and organise a team of Project Managers to ensure the contractor deliveries the operations as set out in the Activity Schedule provided by the contractor
* Overall RAID management for the projects, aligning team members for delivering the plan, resolving cross programme conflicts and priorities. Highlighting any issues and evaluating any risk to delivering the projects on time and budget.
* Collating the reporting requirements of the contractor and provide a high level summary of any major risks to the Director of Operations
* Take ownership of monthly reporting around the H&S performance of the supply chain
* Ensure the Direct Labour workforce holds the appropriate training and accreditation's to carry out their roles safely and effectively
* Collate and report to the Director of Operations the number of properties passed and properties ready for service
* Ensuring the NEC3 is administered effectively by acting as the point of escalation for compensation events and supporting the Senior Managers in bringing them to a timely, amicable solution when they do occur
* Monitoring all procurement and stock and that each project has enough stock and all the cost are documented and that cost control is accurate on a weekly basis
* Participate in Risk Reduction meetings on a regular basis with PM's and contractor, report the outcome of the meeting to the Director of Operations
* Liaising with the other Heads Of to ensure projects are aligned according to the business KPI's.
Core skills required:
* Previous experience in managing multiple large-scale telecoms projects deploying FTTH is essential
* Experience of leading a team of senior managers
* Experience of building and managing strong relationships internally and externally in order to influence and drive the right outputs to meet the business plan
* In depth knowledge of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
* knowledge and understanding of the NEC3 contract and administration of CEMAR is desirable.
* In depth knowledge of the Openreach Network is essential
To apply, please send your CV.