Manpower are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our client based in Bletchley, Milton Keynes for a Welder to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis with an immediate start!
The successful candidate will work as part of a busy welding and fabricating team to carry out hot and cold mechanical repairs to loading trolleys and containers within a warehouse and workshop environment.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, and working alongside another Welder/ Fabricator, the role holder will be expected to work as part of a wider team assisting with mechanical repairs and loading and unloading containers. The role holder will also have contact with customers, agency staff and the wider team.
Salary - £29,778.63 per annum, 20 days annual leave, increasing with service, and bank holidays.
Contract Type: Fixed Term 9 months
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week Full time. Shift pattern is 08:00 - 16:00 Monday to Friday
- Provide welding and fabrication repairs on containers, trolleys and similar equipment
- Work as part of a team carrying out both hot and cold repairs
- Use a forklift truck to assist with loading and unloading and movement of containers
- Provide occasional assembly and install of fabricated products
- Ensure safety is adhered to at all times
- Meet Quality Assurance standards required across a wide range of fabricated Products and Materials
- Using the welding equipment in a professional and safe manner at all times.
- Working to strict timelines to meet daily targets and demand deadlines
- Conduct daily checks on all welding equipment and ensure that the equipment is in good working order at all times and that the manufacturers recommended maintenance schedule has been followed.
- When needed, cover for site manager with regards to opening/securing site and at a supervisory level
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience as a welder/ fabricator
- Ability to work with a wide range of materials including; steel and zinc galvanized products.
- Able to weld in the following disciplines; TIG, MIG,
- Able to use the full range of fabrication shop machinery including, but not limited to Welders, hand grinders and fume extract equipment
- Ability to read fabrication drawings to a basic level would be advantageous
- A Counterbalance ForkLift truck license would be advantageous
- Familiarity of working in a workshop environment
- Must be adapt at working in small teams and independently
- Desire to learn new skills
- Posses a can do attitude
- Hold pride in the work produced
- Always ensures defined environmental management practices are followed
- Keeps customers informed on progress and outcomes
- Manages customer expectations, explaining what and how the service will be delivered and by when
- Builds effective relationships with colleagues
- Listens to people and clarifies understanding
- Embraces latest innovations and best practices to achieve work objectives
- Committed to the task in hand
- Remains calm under pressure
If this sounds like the role for you then apply now!