Job Title: Buyer
Location: Unit 100 Bristol Business Park, Stoke Gifford, Bristol, GB, BS16 1EJ
Role Type: Full / Permanent
Job ID: SF 42516
Here at Babcock International, we are looking to add a Buyer to our Maritime System Support Programme team based in Bristol, to accommodate growth within the Marine sector of the business. Moreover, you will be supporting the Operational Procurement fin support of our work on Type 45 and QE Warships. This post reports into the Project Procurement Manager.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a driven individual with strong communication skills capable of developing relationships with suppliers and negotiating relevant terms and conditions. Moreover, this would include interaction with various stakeholders including the engineering teams, customers and rest of the team, to assist in what is required within the various projects. Lastly, this would include carrying out core procurement activities, such as preparing, issuing and reviewing supplier RFQ's, alongside recommending preferred options to relevant stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare, issue and review supplier RFQ's, recommending preferred options to the relevant stakeholders
- Converting purchase requisitions to purchase orders and issuing to suppliers, negotiating appropriate T&C's for the protection of the organisation
- Manage and develop supplier relationships
- Pro-active supplier order book management activities
The experience you'll bring
- CIPS Level 4 qualified or working towards (desirable)
- Background of Purchasing within Manufacturing or Engineering (desirable)
- Experience with operational procurement (desirable)
- Working knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point and IFS (desirable)
- Ability to obtain the relevant Security Clearance (SC)
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Enhanced employment terms and conditions
- Money purchase pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Share ownership scheme
- Occupational health services
- Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
- Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
- Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.