We are hiring a Technical Solutions Manager for our Client who is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retail. This role is a full time - permanent role and is based in Dublin.
About our client:
Our client is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retail. Our clients Digital Commerce Platform provides airlines with a unique solution to drive revenue and profit as digital retailers. For more than 30 years, they have been a consistent innovator and agile global enterprise in the world of travel and airline technology. Their people are their most important asset, with a string of Great Place to Work Accolades won. Our client has unique opportunities for career growth, travel and fun. Join a world class team of talent and be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package such as extensive leave entitlements, competitive bonus scheme, generous pension and insurance coverage.
Join our clients international team, as they criss-cross the globe, meeting their future airline partners.. The Solution Architect will join a dynamic, solution centric team, where you get to roll up your sleeves, learn as-you-go and take active ownership from the early stages in the sales cycle through the development, implementation and integration of technical solutions to fit airline customer needs. A headline candidate would be a highly proficient technical advisor, savvy project relationship manager and team player, rolled into one. Acute customer focus, sound judgement and decision making are paramount qualities.
The Technical Solutions Manager (or Solution Owner - within the industry) must be highly technically proficient, an excellent communicator, have a strong customer orientation. Furthermore, they will be confident in advising our own project team and the customer on matters of design, enhancements, optimisation and implementation, while being commercially aware and able to make sound judgement calls. Technical Solutions Manager will build strong relationships with customers, as well as internally with Sales, Development, Product Development, Enterprise Architecture and Delivery teams. This role will be based in our Dublin office.
Reports to: Customer Owner
Location: Dublin. There is the potential that the Technical Solutions Manager will be located in a different region to their assigned customer.
- Provides strong and focused solution and system architecture leadership for the Customer Success leadership team
- Provides consultancy services to our customers as they implement our product. Manage the customer solutions & system architecture.
- Documents requirements and solution architectures in a clear, professional manner.
- Identifies product enhancements required and provide architectures for these new features.
- Takes a leadership role within the Customer Success leadership team to deliver our product on budget and on time.
- Work with our Operations team to analyse the non-functional requirements (NFRs) of our systems in a production environment and evaluate enhancements to the operation of our product for NFRs and cost benefits.
- Design and delivery a strategic roadmap for the customer accounts.
- Contribute to the long-term development of our product suite.
Technical Skills / Knowledge/ Experience
- Customer Facing Experience in previous roles required.
- Experience with presenting solutions at C-level
- Proven ability to operate within a multi-locational delivery team environment with both onsite and remote engagement.Minimum 3 years experience as a Solution Owner.
- 7+ years in application design and development.
- Minimum 4 years of OO/Internet design experience.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Expert in some or all of the following technologies: Java, J2EE, SOA, JBoss, Tomcat, JDBC, SOAP, REST, OOD/OOA, NET.
- Experience working with database systems - Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB.
- Proficiency in web technologies would be advantageous - HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery.
- Be a self-starter and the not accept the status quo.
- Travel technology and terminology experience.