Our client a well established housing support organisation is looking for a Maintenance Operative to join their team and cover the Mill Hill East area.
To action maintenance works to the company's properties and modify properties where necessary to meet the requirements of disabled and/or visually impaired tenants. In the absence of the regular drivers, to operate the mini bus for transporting their tenants to and from their homes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working as part of the maintenance team to respond to all basic maintenance and repair issues in the buildings as highlighted by the Maintenance Team Administrator in accordance with the obligations set out in the tenancy agreements and in the Tenant Handbook.
- To complete multi-disciplined types of maintenance both inside and outside their properties such as, plumbing, carpentry, plastering, basic electrical checks, groundwork and painting.
- Ensure that works are performed in accordance with agreed timescales, financial regulations, current legislation and budgets.
- To attend departmental and other relevant meetings, as requested, whether inside or outside of the company's properties.
- To undergo appropriate training as available and as determined in conjunction with the Director of Property and Development.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To attend MIDAS training as required.
- To maintain a clean UK driving licence suitable for the company's vehicles.
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as under health and safety legislation and the company's health and safety policy across all the buildings.
- Unblocking drains, sinks, toilets etc
- Sweeping/jetting pathways, bin yards and patios
- Replacing communal light bulbs
- Exterior painting - fencing, furniture, sheds, metal work etc
- Moving heavy items - as required by building, House Managers or Head Office
- Collection, transportation and delivery of items
- Clearing debris and rubbish
- Cleaning and clearing accessible flat roofs and guttering
- Water gardens and plants as necessary
- Replace door handles, toilet seats, shower hoses and heads etc
- Remove unwanted furniture
- Replace plugs and fuses
- Turn off stopcocks
- Investigating and stopping minor leaks
- Clean carpets as required
- Carry our minor decorations as required
- Reinstate void flats between tenancies and implement remedial works to kitchens and bathrooms as required
- Be an experienced multi-skilled building/maintenance operative with a bias towards plumbing.
- Proven experience of working in a housing/residential environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Be able to utilise the departmental communication tools including WhatsApp and email and be able to respond to communication in a clear and timely manner.
- Be able to communicate and work with tenants with physical disabilities or vision impairment.
- Committed to providing the highest quality service.
- Conscientious, punctual and responsible.
- Able to demonstrate good DIY skills.
- Proactive and have a 'can do' attitude.
- Be neat, tidy in appearance and well organised in work.
- Full clean driving licence
- Flexible, innovative and adaptable approach.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
This role is subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DRB check.
Hours, Salary and Benefits
- Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5.00pm and Friday 8.30am-4.00pm. On call one week in every 3 weeks on average.
- £28k-£30k plus £100 per week when on call and overtime from when you leave home to when you return.
- 20 days holiday rising to 23 days after 3 years and 25 days after 5 years
- Jewish holidays off - approx 8 extra days per year (paid)
- Pension (after 3 months)
- Health cash plan (after 3 months)
- Use of a company vehicle but would ideally need someone to have their own vehicle (car or van)
- Mileage for use of own vehicle 45p per mile
Interested in this permanent role, based in the Mill Hill East area. Please email or contact me on 07483 340870.