Job Title: MT Training and Licensing Instructor
Location: Albrighton, WV7 3EX
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full, Permanent
Job ID: SF44466
This is an exciting opportunity to join Babcock as a MT Training and Licensing Instructor predominately based at RAF Cosford. You will provide the delivery of specialist Mechanical Transport Training and licensing instruction, to meet the Defence, General Service (GS) Module 1 & 2 military driver basic and conversion training requirement.
Who we are looking for?
This position is to form part of a team of 3 individuals delivering Defence Driver Training within the HADES contract in Region 1. As MT Training and Licensing Instructor, you will operate predominately from RAF Cosford MT section but will require the individual to work from the MT Training Team building at RAF Shawbury on a bi-weekly rotation, to assist in the delivery of Defence GS Module 1 courses.
We are looking for a MT Training and Licensing Instructor who has good knowledge of Military Transport practices and procedures and has the ability to mentor, provide and promote the development of students under instruction. You will have excellent interpersonal, organisational and administration skills.
This position would ideally suit an ex-Defence SNCO / JNCO regular or reserve with an MT instructional background. However, applications are invited from personnel who have a proven qualification / history in driver training
What will you be doing?
As MT Training and Licensing Instructor, your responsibilities will include:
- Convert, Familiarise, evaluate, and license all Defence, MoD and contracted personnel required to drive/ operate Defence vehicles both White and Green Fleet vehicle platforms.
- Support investigations of accidents/ incidents involving Defence operated vehicles.
- Maintain driver's personal documentation and training records folder F/MT 601. (In conjunction with the MT Administrator will change to My Drive and Project Campbell data recording).
- Provide support to Dangerous Goods Awareness and Driver Certificate of Professional Competency training. (Be willing to train as an RTITB DCPC Instructor).
- Provide driving support to the RAF Shawbury / Cosford MT sections, when not employed on instructional duties to provide continuous professional development of themselves.
- Provide support to other HADES MT sections and sites, in relation to experience and skillset.
- If not already qualified, undertake training as a Defence Road Safety Advisor (DRSA) and support the RAF Cosford station Road Safety Committee (RSC) through the MT Manager RAF Cosford.
There are also on occasions where you will be required to travel to other Defence units within the UK to deliver training on an ad hoc basis, to support both Defence personnel and company employees with MT and Specialist Airfield vehicle training. This is support is usually between 6 - 8 trips per year and for a couple of days to a week on each occasion. Hotel and meal allowances are provided as part of the company package.
The experience you'll bring
- Full UK driving license to include Cat B, C, D.
- Military driving background at JNCO / SNCO level.
- Defence General Service Driver Conversion Instructor (DGSDCI).
- Defence Train the Trainer (DTTT) or Basic Instructional Techniques (BIT)(DIT) or a civilian equivalent instructor qualification at level 3
- Current Instructional delivery experience.
- Driver CPC if possible (Training will be given).
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please find out more to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.