We're looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to make an impact to join our rapidly growing Commercial team as a Commercial Manager with Mission Systems.
Mission Systems forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help Mission Systems to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customers' mission. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, Mission Systems employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth, Leicester, Portsmouth and Ashchurch.
The difference our Commercial Managers make
Across all of our contracts in Mission Systems our Commercial Managers make a difference every day in managing existing contracts, undertaking negotiations, pricing activities and dynamic contractual risk assessments along with supporting tender and organic growth activities at every level to achieve our customer's mission.
We are looking for someone to join our team and support our drive to transform Mission Systems by delivering innovative and pragmatic commercial solutions for our customers, and our business. The role offers a wide variety of development and personal growth opportunities, and we are looking for people who are not afraid of responsibility, who can challenge the norm/raise the bar and who work collaboratively with project teams, stakeholders and our partners to achieve the best commercially position possible - whilst also having fun and making friends!
This role will be working within our Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaisance to drive the business and contracts forward by
* Establishing and providing contract management and governance support to project teams
* Undertaking negotiations and pricing activities in support of organic or new growth opportunities
* Identify and implement pragmatic commercial solutions to achieve a win:win
* Create and execute commercial strategies to achieve success
* Lead a team of commercial staff
* Act as the commercial point of contact for any and all queries from the project team - every day is different here!
* Be a mentor and guide to other commercial staff sharing best practice, advise and recommendations to commercial scenarios
Who we're looking for
* This role requires someone for whom collaboration and working in partnership comes naturally!
* We need someone who'll bring big ideas and solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions.
* A driven individual who wants to make a positive impact on a daily basis.
* Someone who is courageous - who will continuously champion high performance, challenge the status quo, and speak up when we need to do better.
* With an aptitude to navigate change easily, who is curious about what the future holds and always seek to learn new skills will thrive in this role.
* Someone who is as committed as we are to building an enjoyable, and supportive culture, and who actively seeks out and values different perspectives.
Experience - what we are looking for
* Someone with experience of managing and understanding contracts in matrix organisations from across industry however defence experience would be desirable but not essential;
* Some who is commercially driven and can identify commercial innovation with a good business awareness of customers and competitors;
* Someone who understands and has experience in the creation of proposals whether as organic growth or for new opportunities;
* Someone who is able to thrive under pressure and meet deadlines critical to our customer's mission;
* Experience of project management and prioritising deliverables to independently manage concurrent and multiple business change projects and day to day operations simultaneously;
* A balance of public and commercial sector experience in a customer-facing and supplier-facing role; and
* Leading and inspiring people at all levels.
Education and qualifications
* Ideally be degree qualified (or equivalent) in Engineering, Business, Law, Accountancy but not essential.
* Functional qualifications achieved, or would be willing to work towards, may include Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS), International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or Post Graduate Certificate in Commercial Management (PGCCM)
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working - we give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life,
whilst ensuring that business needs are met
* Flexible locations
* Growth opportunities
* Excellent development opportunities and benefits package
* Opportunities to travel within the UK
* Potential to travel internationally
* A dynamic and updated working environment
* Autonomy to perform the role
* To work on some of the most exciting engineering projects this country has to offer
* The honour and responsibility of equipping our armed forces
Other need to knows:
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.