Electrical Inspector (Quality Control)
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking for a proactive, dedicated and enthusiastic technician to join our team in an Electrical Inspector role, based at our manufacturing facility at Whetstone, Leicester
We are proud to be the UK's leading supplier to the nuclear industry and a growing global force. From our inception during the earliest days of nuclear research and development, we recognised that a focus on people and the expertise they deliver is the key to meeting the challenges of this exciting technology.
The breadth of our expertise means we are able to offer unrivalled experience and specialist knowledge across all aspects of the nuclear energy life cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Typical work carried out in the department covers equipment assembly, PCB assembly, wiring of cable assemblies and cubicles, and test activities on a variety of electrical and electronic assemblies, including reactor in-core inspection and safety circuit equipment.
Key duties include:
* Adherence to and signed completion of written operations on production planning, within a BS EN ISO 9001 quality system, including identifying any variances and notifying supervision for approval or further action.
* Inspection of the assembly and wiring of small electronic modules, boxes and units and electrical / electronic control and indication panels and cubicles.
* Inspection of populated Printed Circuit Boards (Hand soldered through-hole PCB technology) including solder quality and verification of components in accordance of Bill of Materials.
* Inspection of on-machine wiring of electrical and electronic devices, including cable management and termination.
* Familiar with use of Digital Microscope and Cameras for inspection and capturing images.
* Production of detailed inspection reports, including photos as required, using Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Applications.
* Appointment as Electrical Duty Holder (after in house electrical safety course).
* Electrical testing including carrying out Continuity, Insulation Resistance and Flash tests.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
You will need to be conscientious, have an eye for detail and ability to spot and report issues which may become future problems. Safety, quality and reliability are key elements in everything we do due to the nature of the equipment.
You will have experience in a similar electrical assembly, wireman role or similar, and also have carried out some quality inspection duties, or have now moved into an Quality Inspector or Controller role
We would also like you to have the following skills:
* Be qualified to an ONC / Apprenticeship level in relevant Electrical discipline
* Working knowledge and training to IPC 610, 620, 1711/21 standards is preferred
* 18th Edition qualification is desirable, but not essential
What else do I need to know?
* Hours are 7.30am - 4.15pm, Monday - Thursday, with a 12pm finish on Fridays
* Overtime is also offered when available
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.