An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Customer Account Executive to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, based at their prestigious facility in Leatherhead (will involve a mix of working from home and working from the office).
This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £37,000, pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
Responsible for the delivery of Turnover, Profitability and market share winning plans within allocated categories, the role will contain elements of portfolio management, analysis, and administration.
The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering results and passionate about building strong working relationships both with the UL business and with the customer buying team.
- Experience of customer management (must have been a UK retailer) & selling essentials.
- Prior commercial experience and exposure to P&L.
- Experience of optimising Promotional Sell-Out.
- Implementing the Customer/Channel Business Plans.
- Proven history of working within a team environment.
- Experience of developing Customer Relationships.
- Passionate about all aspects of leading your portfolio to competitive growth.
- Solid IT skills are required (MS Office and budget management systems). Must have strong MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP. SAP experience would also be beneficial but is not essential.
- Work with the Foods CAM to ensure delivery of Turnover, Customer Profitability and Business Building Terms budgets for the Customer within allocated categories, feeding up into the total Foods category.
- Manage promotional nomination forms and other specific customer administration.
- Activate Shopper Marketing activities With Customer Marketing Manager.
- Manage the relationship aspects of key customer 'events', e.g. launching of new products, cost price changes, brand cascades and range reviews, breaches of trade terms.
- Portfolio management with direct buyer management.
- Negotiate effectively with your customer, e.g. to agree trade terms, trade funding, and counterparts according to the UL strategy on his/her categories.
- Provision of clear up to date inputs to Business Processes e.g. Customer Business Planning.
- Customer inputs into the S&OP (promotional planning) process - responsible for 6 month forecast within designated categories.
- Be accountable for the balance sheet within designated categories (cpp calculations, accruals, price query resolution, trade term compliance).
- Lead execution in store and ensure it is in line with agreements and with 'perfect store' principles.
- Work closely with Commercial Executives to ensure administrative aspects of promotions are completed.
- Negotiate and execute category specific Business Plan.
- Create & execute share winning plan.
- Manage in-month performance vs forecast, working closely with Foods CAM, CBM and Customer Operations.
- Manage accruals and pricing accurately and efficiently.
- P&L Management: Delivery of Turnover & Business Building Terms targets for specific category.
- S&OP Forecasting.
- Delivery of required admin for the customer - pricing, rebates, NLF, promo proposals, trade terms, contracts.