Make a real impact, immediately
We're looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to make an impact to join our team as a Buyer within the Supply Chain and Procurement team.
The difference our New Buyer will make
As the focal point for the Delivery Team, you will be responsible for managing the bought out needs of the programme working with the Delivery Team and other stakeholders.
The Buyer will work with the Senior Buyer and Project Procurement Manager to deliver:
* Goods and/or services for the company at the best total acquisition cost;
* Up to date supply chain information through order book management and associated reporting;
* Identified value opportunities and levers;
* Facilitate supplier relationships, becoming the point of contact and undertaking supplier visits;
* Governance Compliance
Who we're looking for
We are looking for individuals who will thrive in a challenging and complex environment who can solve problems and provide excellent solutions. You will be proactive and diligent in your approach whilst taking responsibility for your part in making a difference and want to make a positive impact on a daily basis. You will be brave and champion of high performance, challenging the unacceptable and willing to speak up when we need to do better.
* Proven experience within a supply chain role, preferably in a Defence or Engineering environment
Skills and attributes
* Analytical skills to analyse data and make decisions.
* Be able to read and understand technical drawings and ability to communicate complex requirements to/from supply chain is an advantage.
* Ability to build and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
* Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload.
Education and qualifications
* Be willing to work towards membership of a relevant professional body, for example the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply at a Level 4 or above or equivalent business related qualification.
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working
* Autonomy to perform the role
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Babcock's' fastest growing business unit
As well as:
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
* Employee Share Scheme
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
* Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities
* If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments
Where it all fits in:
Mission Systems employs over 1,200 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth and Ashchurch.
The Critical Communications Business Unit is over 200 personnel strong with in excess of 70% skilled Engineering staff. We have an ever increasing portfolio of opportunities and an ambition for success and to grow. We also embrace the multitude of internal employee networks support and foster diversity and inclusion within our Babcock team, connecting people across the business and empowering them to achieve their potential. Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy amplifies their influence.
Other need to knows:
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account, then you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties, please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the armed forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
Closing date: 08/06/22